Web Historian is an extension for Google Chrome, however, if you use IE or Firefox you can use Web Historian if you import your browsing history into Chrome with a few simple steps:
If you don’t have the Google Chrome web browser installed:
- Download and install the Chrome browser on the same computer as your main web browser.
- During the setup process Chrome will ask if you want to import settings from other browsers. Make sure “Browsing history” is checked and click Import.
- Using your Chrome browser click here to install the Web Historian extension.
If you already have the Google Chrome web browser installed:
- Open Chrome.
- Type the following text into Chrome’s address bar: chrome://settings/importData and hit the Enter key.
- Select your browser. Make sure “Browsing history” is checked and click Import.
- If you already have the Web Historian extension installed on your Chrome browser you will need to reload the extension to see your imported data. If you do not have Web Historian installed, install here.
If you use both Internet Explorer and Firefox you can do the steps above for each browser.
If you use Safari, a version of Web Historian will begin development soon.